Are you achieving the success you want and making the most of today?
This week? This month? This year?
Now that Christmas is officially just around the corner (like it or not!) what do you want to be able to say you have achieved this year? The clock is ticking and as Sara Henderson, an Australian writer (and outback manager) once said, “Don’t wait for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stride out there and light the b***** thing your self!” This is the month to get moving towards what you really want….
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” This is one of my favourite quotes from Mark Twain and regularly proves helpful when I’ve been in the mood to just not bother because that is the easier option. It is worth remembering it too on those occasions when you are opting out due to fear, doubt, habit or inertia.
So now it’s challenging question time – sorry folks!
• When you retire how much will you be able to say you have truly enjoyed your career?
• When you are 90 and sitting in your rocking chair looking back over your life, what do you want to say you’ve achieved?
• What do you want to be remembered for?
• What opportunities will you regret not having taken?
• Are you in a job you love right now?
• Are you in the right relationship, (with yourself as well as other people)?
How about taking a moment to think over this while you still have the chance to do something positive about it?
If this strikes a chord with you, do get in touch and let me know what you’re going to do about it.